22.4.09

On the road again -PETUNIA

We're about to embark on an 11 hour road trip with our littles! We've been on a road trip before, but I'm afraid I've used all the tricks up my sleeve. So I've asked for help. This time around I'm using an idea I got from my brilliant sister in law, C. She travels with 4 littles, so I know she knows what she's doing.

One idea she gave me is to pack brown bags that you give to your kids at intervals determined by you. Maybe every time you cross into a new state, or every three hours. I'll probably be handing mine out every 3 hours. I only have one little old enough to need these attention getter's, but C says that she puts the same treats in all of her children's bags, thus eliminating the battles over who got the best stuff. For my little man, I've included a coloring book and crayons, a Thomas book, stickers, strawberries and crackers, jello, and gogurt.


I also added an extra special bag just in case things get a little too long. This bag is equipped with a ball that lights up and a sucker. It doesn't sound very interesting, but J man will LOVE it!


We leave early in the morning...wish me luck! If you have any fabulous road trip ideas that work for you, we'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment