21.11.09

Fruit Turkey

My very creative, very crafty sister-in-law, Kristy, gave me this adorable idea to make an edible turkey. She made it at her sons' school the other day and I think it's a great activity to entertain the little ones who want to 'help' with the cooking on Thanksgiving day.

body- pear, cut lengthwise
feathers- apple slices and mandarin oranges
feet- dried apricot
eyes- mini chocolate chips
beak- cashew
gobble- dried cranberry
'glue'- peanut butter



While we're on the subject of Thanksgiving, how about this kids' table by Sweet Paul, found via Armelle Jewelry? Table covered in kraft paper, placecards using stamps, placemats drawn on with marker, and crayons held by pails. Where was Sweet Paul when I was a kid? I'll probably be eating a Thanksgiving feast at the firestation since Hubba works that day. This would be a great idea to bring with me, to make the kids feel more 'at home', and to give me something to do to feel more needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment