14.1.11

PILLOWS!

Okay, friends! Get ready for a treat!

I found this felt flower pillow tutorial on The Crafting Chicks. I've been thinking about getting new pillows for the living room, for a long time but WHY are pillows SO EXPENSIVE? Really? Can anybody tell me? This is a good solution to getting something cute on the cheap.

We had bright colors in our living room for awhile- oranges, yellows, greens- but I was ready for a change so I gave those ones away and brought some of our more neutral pillows out.

I was determined to make this project work with what I had on hand. I already had a boring creme pillow from IKEA. I wanted to use creme felt to match, but didn't have enough. I ended up using white batting and a couple squares of white felt. All of the whites don't match exactly but I don't think it's too noticeable (hopefully) and I really like how it turned out.

So here's how it looks for now. Until I decide to bring in more color. Which is inevitable. I'm kind of fickle when it comes to decorating my home.
I'm a little impatient and took this pic at night (sorry it's so dark)


Couldn't have been easier.
Or cheaper, which made Hubba happy and that makes me proud. : )

And here's where it gets good. I saw a very similar pillow at Z Gallerie about a month ago, when I was thinking about changing our pillows.

It's on SALE right now for $35. Regularly $50. And the petals are made of wool/rayon FELT!
Close this window


Also at Z Gallerie, this adorable pillow for $100:

Close this window


Hmmm, I wonder if I could come up with a tutorial for this one?


No comments:

Post a Comment