17.12.11

A Scarf and Some Carrot Shampoo

I made a spur-of-the-moment scarf today. I was sitting on my bed and noticed this white chunky yarn with silver specks in it. I used it to make the star on our Christmas tree and I was thinking I don't know what I'll ever use it for again. That's when I decided to make a scarf with it! It's as simple as can be, and I love how it turned out! You can wear it down, like a necklace, or fold it around again. I like it both ways. I'm going to give it to a friend, as a Christmas gift.

(the color in the pictures is off. The yarn is bright white)



Here's what I did:

Ch 62. Turn.
Row 1: dc into 3rd ch from hook. dc into each st across. (60 dc)
Row 2: Ch 2 (counts as first dc). Turn. dc across. (60 dc)
Row 3-8: Repeat row 2. Fasten off.
Attach both short ends together to make one big loop.


(also, since I was taking pictures of this scarf, I decided to just slip on the circle scarf I made the other day and get a better picture of it. you can actually see what it looks like now. go HERE)

And in other news, as I mentioned before, I've been trying to decide where to go from here with my hair. I was planning on making some shampoo myself, with a recipe I got from a friend, but I was having a hard time getting to the health food store. One day, I was wandering around Target (when I was shopping for Griffy's teacher gift) and I happened across this shampoo, without even looking. I felt like it was the answer to my hair dilemma.



I can't tell you how good it feels to have CLEAN hair!!!! And it feels good to know I'm not going all the way back to my old ways. It's a nice, happy medium. I'm still going to wash every FEW days, but I'll use this [mostly] organic shampoo instead of baking soda (boo!). I'm also still not using any additional products. And, guess what! My hair is holding curl still. AH, the best of both worlds! Clean AND manageable. Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment