7.1.11

Valentine's? Already?

I thought this would be a good (cheap) way to decorate the table for Valentine's Day. I found it on My Backyard Eden via Apartment Therapy. It's a faux version of ruby Depression Glass and you make it by buying inexpensive glassware (from Goodwill, DI, or the Dollar Store) and spraying it evenly with Krylon Stained Glass Paint. Brilliant!

As our readers well know from past years, Valentine's is probably my second favorite holiday, so I believe it IS time to start deciding on some decor. I think I'd like to make a ruby candy dish along with some candlesticks.

Click on the link to My Backyard Eden for the background on Depression Glass. Maybe I'm a big dork but I thought it was pretty interesting. You learn something new every day!
ruby depression glass

No comments:

Post a Comment