18.11.11

Bow Headband

I started teaching a friend how to crochet and it made me really antsy to start more projects, so I made this headband last night.

When I decide on a project, I have to make it RIGHT THEN, so I used my yellow Vanna's Choice yarn I had on hand. I'd like to make some other colors though, and maybe a matching one for baby Penelope. I love how it turned out. It'll be great for an ear warmer in the snowy months.


As for the No 'Poo Challenge, I'm still finding things to be happy about. Like I said before, my hair is definitely feeling greasy, but I'll take that as opposed to how it usually is when I wash with shampoo- flat, lifeless, and completely unmanageable.

My hair has a lot more body and is 10 times more manageable than it's ever been!!
I'm on DAY 11 and I'm going for at least 21 days (more, if it the greasiness starts diminishing).

And one more thing- sorry my pictures are always such horrible quality. I always take pictures at night, in my windowless bathroom, after the kids go to sleep, so this is the result. I'd love to take beautiful pictures outdoors, in the daylight, in a pretty setting, but just don't have the time for that. Or the energy to wrestle three kids. Maybe one of these days. . .

3 comments:

  1. Oooh! I've been searching for something to make for a gift giving party in our ward. This will be perfect! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least with lipstick you hardly notice it's in the bathroom ;) Love the headband, really, I need to just sit down and learn to crochet. It's so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'll teach you! we need to just get together and share our crafty knowledge. i know there are a ton of things you can do that i'd love to learn more about. . . quilting, pie making. . .

    ReplyDelete