28.5.12

graduation

Summer has arrived!  Can you believe it!  This year is flying by.  Despite my late planning, we made it to our graduations on time, gifts in hand.  I always seem to wait until the last minute to do teacher and classmate gifts.  Always the day of.   But we made it and now it's all over.  Phew!

The sodas turned out so cute for our second cousin!  Hubbs made a drink carrier out of an old box, and we chose two sodas with black lids, in her high school's colors.  I used black craft foam for the hat and yellow embroidery floss for the tassels.



I loved them so much, I decided to use the soda idea again for Griff's preschool teacher.  But I added some POPcorn and attached a note, saying, 'For a very POP-ular teacher'.  My kids LOVED her (Colsie had her a couple years ago).  Every time I mentioned to Griff that he was soon to be a very 'grown-up' Kindergartener, he'd make a frowny face and tell me he's going to miss her.  : (  So sweet!  So I thought it was a fitting gift.  She definitely IS popular in our house.





OH!  And I made an owl bag to put it all in.  ('Thanks for making me wiser') Idea from Lisa Storms.


I wanted to do something small for my boys, to say how proud of them we are, so they both got a pack of SMARTIES, for being such 'Smartie Pants'.  Idea from It is What it is.





He wanted to wear his fox tie that I made him the other day.  I thought he looked adorable!





And, one other cute idea, that didn't make the cut this year- a jar of cookies ('I'm one smart cookie, thanks to you') from Home is Where They Love You.

1 comment:

  1. I love the graduation sodas! Griffy looks handsome in his bow tie :)

    ReplyDelete